Age is one of the most important factors to consider when it’s time to repair or replace an air conditioner, HVAC technicians say. Recent advances in A/C technology have greatly improved energy efficiency. Energy Star recommends upgrading to an energy-efficient unit if your current central air conditioner is 10 or more years old. Many HVAC technicians say they typically recommend replacing units if they are 15 years or older. Jeren Hamlin, owner of Airtech Heating & Cooling in South St. Paul, Minnesota, says the average lifespan of an A/C unit is about 14 years.
- Chances Are, Your HVAC Technicians Think You Aren’t Paying Them Enough May 23, 2019
- Parker Hannifin Announces New Website May 22, 2019
- Win the Battle Against Spring Allergies with Better Indoor Air Quality May 21, 2019
- New Sensor Technology Leads to Better Presence Detection May 20, 2019
- Comfort and Efficiency Challenge the Air Movement Industry May 18, 2019
- HVAC.com’s Air Conditioning Inspection Checklist May 17, 2019